Hartford Hall Hotel,
81 School Lane,
Hartford Hall Hotel Website
Workshop duration is 6 hours each day, usually 10 am to 4 pm
(please check your joining instructions)
|2018 Dates Coming Soon|
Please feel free to contact me to register your interest
Learn how to take professional-looking photos with a hot-shoe mounted flash on and off-camera. Commencing in the classroom, taking an in-depth look at your camera and flash, followed by practical photography sessions with a model, and finally back to the classroom to discuss your images with plenty of time for your questions.
- Use flash indoors and outdoors, as the main source of light and as fill-in flash
- Bounce flash in a variety of ways for softer, more flattering light
- Control the exposure of your subjects and their background separately
- Manage your subjects for the most natural looking images
- Use your flash off-camera to model your subject and replicate studio lighting
- Introduction to multi-flash setups
Take home detailed hand-outs and exercises that you can try again later, to perfect your skills and ensre you get the very best from your workshop.
To get the most from this portrait photography workshop, it is recommended that you are confident shooting in Aperture Priority mode and using exposure compensation.
If you are not skilled in using these settings then maybe combine your workshop with the "Getting of Auto" workshops.
DSLR, Compact System, Bridge, Super zoom
Loan cameras are available free of charge, please check availability before booking
Small groups with a maximum of 10 students per session in order to maximise learning